Monday 18 May 2009

Real Parenting Starts Now, Well, Wednesday

The missus has returned to work today. I think she's only doing a short day, but I won't see her at all as she'd left before I got up. No doubt she'll be in bed when I get back tonight.
I'd better get used to going whole days without seeing her.
Thankfully, between both of our shifts and my mum, all of Matty's childcare needs should be sorted.
Both the missus and me are off tomorrow and I've got Matty all by myself on Wednesday.
I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous. Sure, I've looked after him by myself now and then. But, it's usually for a couple of hours only. And I've gone whole days of doing everything for him, to get used to feed and nap times, etc. But on Wednesday I'll be alone. The missus will not be across the room to offer advice.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

JustMe said...

Just remember to be strong and you can get it done, if I can do it for a whole weekend then you can to.

The first couple of days all alone with a baby is always a nervous time for any dad.

If Gina can do it then so can you.

You're a dad now mate...