Tuesday 3 April 2007

Might As Well Read Yellow Pages

So I'm on the loo and, after a moment, it's obvious that I'm in trouble. Must've been the spicy wings I had yesterday.
Anyway, since I'm gonna be here a while I'll read something. Now, where's my Empire mag? OK, it must be outside, no worries, I'll flick through Gina's Cosmopolitan, might be a semi nude bird in the fashion bit.
No luck.
What strikes me though is the amount of adverts. And, since I'm in for the long haul I might as well count them.
116 pages out of 248 were taken up by ads, that's 46.78%!
As near as makes no difference to half.
As I said, you might as well read Yellow Pages.

3 comments:

The Sween! said...

Yellow Pages is more interesting as well!

Anonymous said...

well i guess you just dont understand fashion magazines then
. Look at it this way its like reading fhm you look at the pictures .

Shiny Demon said...

Thanks "Anonymous". I don't claim to understand fashion mags, nor do i ever read anything like FHM or Loaded. My point is that if you're gonna pay over £3 for a mag, I expect a much higher ratio of articles to adverts.