Friday 16 January 2009

Sleeping Like A Baby? Not Me!

Young Matty has finally gone through the night!
Fair enough, the missus has been topping him up with camomile infused water, but this is a vast improvement on the norm. He normally wakes at around one o'clock and four o'clock for milk.
But (and you knew there'd be one) this has come at a price.
After he started to stir at around the one o'clock mark, the missus began her "Operation Camomile". In order to do this, it meant putting the little chap into bed with us. Only he's not so little in bed. He seemingly takes up half of the bed. And, of course, the missus needs to lie next to him, which leaves me with about four inches of bedspace.
Now, I could slither down a bit and have my legs dangling out of the bed. But, this would put my feet into no-mans land. You see, Peanut-Face only has to hear the sheets rustle and she's got her teeth clamped onto your big toe in an instant. I'm sure she's some kind of Ninja / Cat hybrid.
The solution?
Well, I tossed and turned for four hours, catching the odd bit of kip. But I gave up at around five o'clock and got up. Two hours before I needed to.
Excellent

No comments: