Monday 20 April 2009

A Grand Weekend

This was the kind of weekend that makes me love working for London Underground.

On Friday, we looked after my niece Emily. Although the weather wasn't great, we took her over to Gullivers Land in Milton Keynes. She started a bit reluctant, but soon went on the rides with me. Fortunately, the rain held off all day.

On Saturday we went over to my brother's to watch the football. Although the result didn't go our way, there's not a lot better in life than a few beers and footy with your brother is there?

On Sunday we went to a cremation at 'Chelle and Gaz's. My understanding was that it was intended to be a barbeque. Later that day, my piss smelled of burnt chicken. Gaz claimed not to know how that could be.
Later that evening, Gary and Caroline popped over for a few drinks. Those few drinks were followed by a few more drinks and then a couple more. They left just before midnight, I dunno how Gary got up for work at 4am today!

Today, the weather was simply beautiful so we decided to go out.
We went over to Woburn. We had a pleasant walk around the town itself, followed by a drive near the Abbey and Safari Park, air-con on all the time. Matty was amazed to look out of the car window and see the real life deer just lazing around in the fields. Mind you, the missus was very impressed with the size of the stag's antlers. It made me feel somewhat inadequate!

So that's that then, another long-weekend has passed and I'm now faced with seven late shifts on the spin.
Suddenly my love of working for London Underground has faded again!

No comments: