Monday 1 June 2009

The Weekend Ends Here

This weekend has been fantastic!

It started on Friday, with me looking after Matty by myself for the second time. After my last attempt, I wasn't confident. I have to admit that I was a complete arsehole all day on Thursday and I apologise to the missus for this.
Anyway, Friday turned out to be a fantastic day. Matt was as good as gold and we spent the whole day playing together. I can't wait for the next Matty and me time!

On saturday the in-laws came over. They've not been up for a while so it was really nice to see them both. They were joined by the missus's sister and her fella. We decided to have a bbq when the F.A Cup Final finished, it didn't go well with our neighbour. You see, because she has a fancy alarm system, she seems to think that this means we can't bbq in the courtyard opposite hers. Rather than do the easy thing and turn her alarm off the moment she noticed our bbq, she waited until the smoke built up and then went banging on the fence and shouting. Wrong thing to do! My father-in-law took offence to this and even more so when she stuck her head over the fence to complain. To cut a long story short, she was effectively told to fuck off by my father-in-law.
She's gonna be really upset when I fence our front lawn off with 6ft fencing all the way around. You see, she believes fences ruin the look of the area. Tough!

On sunday I met my dad for a beer. When I say "a beer" I mean lots of beer. I came home bladdered and the missus was quite rightly un-impressed. She's forgiven me though, as it's rare for me to have a beer with dad and even rarer for me to get in that state.

Today we went shopping in Milton Keynes. Matty was in top form and flirting with all the women. We can't go anywhere without women cooing over him and he laps it up. We've really noticed that he's developing so quickly these days.
The missus and me are both working tomorrow, so we dropped him off at my mum's after 4pm. The place feels empty without him. Won't see his cheeky smile till wednesday morning.
Can't wait!

Tomorrow I'll be starting my beloved late shifts. Forunately, I've only got 5 to do as I start 3 weeks leave on Sunday.

No comments: