Saturday 1 September 2007

Typical Workplace Conversation

A trampy young woman approaches my window.
"Ave you got a Nokia charger?"
"No"
"Ave you got a Nokia phone?"
"No"
"I need to get a number out my phone"
"I can't help you, sorry"
"You sure you aint got a Nokia phone or charger?"
"Positive. I use my Sony Ericsson charger to charge my Sony Ericsson phone"
"Why?"
"Because I have a Sony Ericsson charger and a Sony Ericsson phone"
"No, I mean why don't you have a Nokia charger?"
"Because this is London Underground, not The Carphone Warehouse"
"What? No, I wanna charge my phone"
"And you want London Underground to do it for you?"
"Yeah"
"Well, it aint gonna happen"
"Why not?"
"Are you off your rocker or what? This an Underground station. More often than not we deal with transport and transport alone"
"So you aint got a Nokia charger?"
"Fuck off!"

1 comment:

Shiny Demon said...

For your information;
It is not London Underground staff who are on strike, it is the Metronet staff. All London Underground staff will report for work as normal. However, as Metronet maintain the trains, stations and track it would be irresponsible to allow millions of people to travel with no way of assuring their safety. Please check your facts before hurling abuse around.