Monday 22 October 2007

D'oh!

I was out shopping with the missus and she said that she needed some pumpkin seeds. We were already in the correct aisle, so I set off for them. I grabbed a packet and threw them into the nearest trolley, assuming that the missus had followed me. I turned to go and get something else but was stopped by someone saying "Wrong trolley". I turned in the direction of the voice to see a total stranger with a packet of pumpkin seeds in her trolley.
I looked back up the aisle to where we'd started and the missus was standing there laughing at me.
I sheepishly removed the seeds from the stranger's trolley and made my way quickly to the next aisle.
What a dick I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad-but I can go one better! Walking side by side through Wembley Market with Caroline a few years back. Reached out (without looking) to hold hands and turned a few seconds later to find a totally different woman holding my hand! Although a bit bemused- she did not scream "HELP!" or "RAPIST!" and just smiled.In fact if Caz had not been there- I think I would have been in with a shout!

Shiny Demon said...

Yeah, that's got mine beat!