Thursday 21 February 2008

05:13 Thursday 3rd January 2008

The moment my life changed.
I was on a spare duty, which started at 10am. I would normally roll out of bed at around 8am and that was my full intention.
My sleep was briefly disturbed by the missus at around 5am as her alarm woke her up for her day shift. As soon as the alarm was silenced I fell back into oblivion.
So there I was, snoozing away not a care in the world. Happy in the knowledge that another 3 hours sleep were to come my way.
At least, that's what I thought.
I was wrong.
The door flew open and the missus shouted out "James, I'm pregnant!"
Instantly awake, I replied "You're what now?"
"I did the test! I'm pregnant!" she said whilst thrusting a plastic, piss covered device in my face.
We hugged tightly and I kissed her on the lips and told her that I loved her.
I looked at the clock, it read; 05:13.
She left me and continued to prepare for work.
I never did get those 3 hours of sleep. I laid there grinning like a fool.
I guess that sleep depravation is something I'd better get used to.

No comments: