Friday 6 June 2008

99.9% - A long Post For Me

99.9%.
That's how much of my house I reckon is complete.
It's not been easy, the last four years have been horrible, in fact this last week and a half has been hell.
I've made the decision that the bathroom is the worst room in the home to do up. Especially when your missus wants a power shower fitted.
It was a hot day today and as a result the loft was hotter than two rats fucking in a real wool sock. I had to squeeze between pipes that were burning to the touch, lay on fibre glass insulation (which has covered my whole body in an angry itchy rash), ram myself into a space that was too small for my cat, drag heavy cable along with me and then thread it through the eye of a needle. I couldn't have done the cable without my dad, who I'm eternally grateful to. Anyway, the shower is plumbed and wired in, all it needs is an electritian to connect it to the mains fuse box. (I have limits to my D.I.Y)
I've also been doing a load of other bits around the house.
There are still a few bits of sealing to do as well as some paint touch ups (and I'm good at touching things up!).
It hasn't helped that we are on holiday and have made arrangements, done other things and an incident of "We're on our way" (but they never turned up!!) which could've been spent D.I.Y-ing.

I do all this, put up with the constant pain and aches for my beloved missus and our forthcoming child.

Although, I'll be glad to back to work for a rest!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moan, moan, moan, ...

;-)