Friday 20 June 2008

Typical Telephone Conversation

The phone rings and I answer to someone calling from the other side of the world.
"Hello?"
"Hello, can I speak to Mr Spencer please."
"Speaking."
"Hello Mr Spencer. I'm calling from *random* credit cards."
"Yeah?"
"I'm just calling to offer you an increase on your spending limit. We'd like to increase the amount to £15,000. How does that sound?"
"Why?"
"You could use it for home improvements."
"My house is finished, but tell me more."
"How about a holiday?"
"That would be some holiday, continue."
"Huh? Oh, you could pay off some debts."
"Don't have any, tell me more."
"Erm, you could transfer any other balances you have, to your credit card."
"O.K, that's the same as the last offer you just gave me. You just used different words. You're gonna have to try harder than that."
"Er, look, do you want the increased limit or not?"
"Why would I want the increased limit?"
"Sir, can you answer the question and stop wasting my time."
"Do you have my details on a screen in front of you?"
"Yes."
"What's my current limit?"
"£8,500."
"And what's my current balance?"
"There's nothing owing at present."
"So, I owe you nothing and you're already willing to let me spend £8,500. It's 7pm on a friday night and I'm trying to eat my dinner and watch The Simpsons. Now tell me, who the fuck is wasting who's time?"
*Click*
"Hello?"
"Hello?"
Must be something I said.

No comments: