Friday 11 May 2007

Arrogance

I was on the train, waiting to leave Euston when a couple got on. They were in their 50's. The fella was pissed and swaying all over. The woman seemed stone cold sober.
The train pulled out of Euston with a jerk and the fella started to fall. Being a nice guy I caught him and stood him upright. I didn't expect a thanks from him but I didn't expect his missus to stare at me as if I'm a piece of dirt and then look away without even a nod of appreciation. O.K, I thought, no problem.
Further into the journey he lost his balance again. Once again I caught him and again his missus gave me the dirty look.
As the train stopped at Watford he again began to fall.
Did I help him? Did I fuck! I let him hit his head on the metal handrail and fall on his arse between the seats. His missus looked at me and all I could do was give her the same look she'd given me then turned away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GUY!!!

The Sween! said...

Don't you know that you get bugger all for being the nice guy mate?