Thursday 24 May 2007

Typical Workplace Conversation

An irate italian customer approaches my excess fares window having already travelled;
"I want go out"
I check his Oyster card.
"You only have a zones 2&3 travelcard, you need £1.50 pre-pay to exit as this is zone 1."
"I pay later."
"No, sorry, You're supposed to pay before you travel. Not when you arrive at your destination or later that day."
"I always pay later. Eeet's faackeeng shieeet!"
"Yes sir, £1.50 please."
"I pay later, I go out!"
"No, it's called pre-pay, not post-pay, you'll need to pay now."
"Eeet's faackeeng shieet! I complain!"
Customer throws £1.50 into my cash tray and I top his card up.
"Here's your oyster card, touch out as normal. Here's customer service's details, you can complain about how you didn't have a valid ticket and that I made you pay."
"FAACKEENG BAASTAARDS!"

No comments: