Friday 18 April 2008

Less Stress, For Now

After my insomnia induced rant this morning, I feel much more at ease.
I had a bit of a pep talk with my supervisor and pal Barry this morning.
This was followed by a relatively pain free shift (If ever I needed one, then today was the day!).
I got home and crashed out for a couple of hours, then got up and had my favourite Pie 'n' Mash dinner with my brother and niece.
The missus said she can now feel the baby kicking, so I'm gonna spend this evening with my hand on her belly, hoping.
I guess that sometimes I let things build up and get wound up by them until I explode. I'm fortunate to have this blog as an outlet. How else would I moan about all those clipboard wielding charity fuckos?
I still hate my job, but thanks to calming words of wisdom from colleagues, good food, family and the hope of movement from my unborn child, things are in perspective once more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pie and mash eh,? at least you didnt have snot pretending to be jelled eels!! What did joe cocker say? "i get buy with a lttle help from my friends" keep your chin up buddy. Who ate all the pies!!!!!! life is 2 steps forward 1 step back!!!! See ya tommorow.

Shiny Demon said...

Cheers fella!

Anonymous said...

I see life a bit like the Circle Line.

It goes through some nice places and then goes to some really shit places.

Sometimes it runs smoothly and others it's totally fucked up.

You start off in the right direction - only to find the bloody thing is diverted at the last moment.

Oh and it ain't working this weekend, so take the weekend off.

The Sween! said...

Glad to hear it!