Wednesday 3 September 2008

Loving Every Minute!

As you can probably guess, I've been heaping loads of love upon my son Matty and loving every minute of it.
I can now change a nappy without losing my last meal, although he's managed to piss over my jeans. And as for feeding him, well that's a doddle.
For the first couple of days I thought I'd had my last good night's kip for 6 months, but I've quickly come to realise that it's as much about us getting into a routine as Matty himself. For the last three nights we've managed to get a good few hours sleep around his sleeping times. And, last night, the missus and me actually shared a bed for the first time since Matty was born. Athough, I dare say the "shift" arrangement may be needed again.
We took Matty out for the first time today. First we popped into town for a few essentials, then we took him over to see his aunty Michelle in Aylesbury. I think it did the missus and myself to get out of the house too.
Finally; I know I said I had a diary I'd kept whilst awaitng Matty's arrival, but I've decided not to post it for now. While the end result was the most joyous event in my life to date, Gina's labour was very long and difficult. There were some really traumatic moments for all those who were at the hospital. It is because of those traumatic events that I do not feel ready to put the diary here.
One day the family may be able to look back those events and not get too upset about them, until then the diary will remain private.

No comments: