Wednesday 24 September 2008

To Whom And How Much?

Exactly how many charity adverts are on T.V at the moment?
They're all basically the same. Show images of people, children and animals in despair and then ask you for £2 a month.
That's £2 a month so that little Jimmy can can have a clean bath.
Only £2 a month to provide Alan with Singapore noodles for a week.
Just £2 a month to stop a badger named Keith from being bummed by a hungry orphan.
O.K, the adverts are genuinely sad, but you get my point.
My problem isn't with the charities themselves, it's the constant bombardment of these adverts.
Am I supposed to give £2 to every charity?
Just what is the acceptable amount of charities to arrange direct debits with?
Two?
Three?
And, which charities do I choose?
Do I save Keith or Jimmy?
Will I be able to move on in life knowing that I've let an innocent badger be taken up the batty against his wishes?

I donate to Help For Heroes and The Teenage Cancer Trust as often as I can and as far as I'm concerned, that's enough. I don't need these adverts trying to make me feel guilty.

Now, put South Park back on.

1 comment:

The Sween! said...

I think they're all selfish - don't they know we are in the middle of a credit-crunch?