Tuesday 27 November 2007

Typical Workplace Conversation

The ignorance of some of my customers is astounding.
Today a customer asked me;
"Excuse me pal, how do I get to Liverpool?"
"Is that the city of Liverpool, or London Liverpool Street station?"
"Liverpool itself."
"O.K, go out that exit, turn left and walk to the mainline station."
"Ta pal."
Ten minutes later.
"S'cuse me, you're out of order. You gave me the wrong information!"
"Sorry?"
"I want to to go Liverpool Street to catch my train to Cambridge!"
"That's not what you said earlier."
"Yes it is."
"If you say so mate."
"I'm gonna write to complain!"
"I'd give you the address, but you'll probably write it wrong on the envelope anyway."

Don't get me wrong, I know we deserve stick sometimes, but when you approach us and we seem grumpy, isn't it possible that we've just dealt with complete spastic like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aye. Had a very similar conversation a few years back.

Customer : Can I have a ticket to Oxford?

Me : Is that Oxford Circus?

Customer : NO! Oxford.

Me: What, Oxford the city, not in London.

Customer : YES ! Do you think I'm stupid.

Me: (muttering something) Sold return to Oxford, something like £20.

Customer returns next day complaining that I had sold him the wrong ticket. Yep you guessed it, it was Oxford Circus.....

Or the guy who walked past 6 signs telling him a replacement bus service was in operation, bought a ticket then complained that no where did it say a bus service was in operation!