Wednesday 13 August 2008

Typical Workplace Conversation

Last night it seemed as if every other customer had some sort of mental defect. One of them especially tested my patience.

"S'cuse me mate, you gotta an Underground map?"
"I've run out in here at the moment, if you look just to your right there's a leaflet rack. It's a small leaflet with 'Tube Map' on the front."
Customer grabs a leaflet.
"This one?"
"No mate, that an Oyster Card registration form. You want the small one with 'Tube Map' on the front."
"This one?"
"No, that's a guide to this years Notting Hill Carnival. The one you want says 'Tube Map' on it."
"This one?"
"No, that's a lost property leaflet. You want a 'Tube Map'."
"This one?"
"Are you serious mate? That's a leaflet on the new terminal at Heathrow. There is a small leaflet there with the words 'Tube Map' on the front."
At last he gets it right.
"This one?"
"Yes."
"Sorry mate, I'm not from London, I've come down from Birmingham."
O.K, I didn't want his life story.
"And how is 'Tube Map' spelt in Birmingham?"

No comments: