Sunday 24 August 2008

Typical Workplace Conversation

Some people are deliberately awkward.
"S'cuse me mate, which way is the exit?"
"We've got two exits mate, where do you want to go?"
"I want to go out."
"Yes, that much is obvious, but we've got two exits. Where are you going?"
"Out."
"Fine, then pick any exit you like."
"Which one's best?"
He's getting on my tits now.
"That depends on where you want to go."
"I just want to go out."
"Both exits lead out of the station, so take your pick."
"Yes, but which one is best?"
"I don't know, you won't tell me where you want to go."
"Why should I tell you where I'm going?"
"D'you know what mate? You're boring me now. You can tell me where you're going and get the quickest exit or choose an exit at random and end up lost."
"Fine! I want to got to the Novotel Hotel."
"You got out the exit to your left, turn left and it's five minutes down the road."
"There! That wasn't too difficult was it?"
"You have no idea."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope those weren't the right directions you gave...

Anonymous said...

You should have stabbed him

Barry Hensey said...

The customer, I mean