Monday 21 January 2008

Typical Workplace Conversation

So, the customers (there were many) walk past the station entrance which is half closed.
"Hmm, I wonder what that means?"

They go down a few steps and see the first notice board.
"Planned engineering, station is closed. Surely that's not meant for me."

They turn to their left and see the second set of station gates are three quarters closed.
"I wonder why those gates are closed like that? Never mind, I've got a tube to catch."

Customer goes to the gates and sees another sign.
"This station is closed due to planned engineering works. Ooh, that's two gates partially closed and two six foot high notice boards trying to send me a message. It's too bad I'm as thick as pig shit. It's getting late, I'd better get my train."
Customer approaches a member of staff; me.
"Are the trains running o.k?"
"No, it's suspended for engineering works all weekend."
"Oh, is this station closed then?"
"Yes."
"You could have put a notice up to stop people coming down here."
"Yes, we erm, really, really should do that."
"Are you being sarcastic?"
"Not at all. When you re-trace your steps to exit the station please look around for hidden clues suggesting that this station could be closed."

1 comment:

The Sween! said...

Does this mean that you were back out with the public? Thought you'd forgotten what that felt like!