Wednesday 7 March 2007

The Blues

Yesterday I was sooooo bored. I cannot put into words how bored I was. Oh wait, I just have.
Anyway, I was on the verge of walking out and going on a pub crawl when I got a phone call from MR D.K.Miles esq. He had a spare ticket (Thanks Mate!) to see Chelsea v Porto. Being a Gooner myself, I turned him down flat, until he said it was free.
Free? Live? Football? I'm on my way!
So, I washed the windows to placate (yes, I looked it up!) the missus and headed off to London.
I met Darryn when he got on the train at Watford and Alex when we got to Euston. We had a quick pint at Euston, then headed to "The Bridge".
After a delay on the District Line we got to Chelsea and picked up our tickets. We had 35 minutes before kick off and headed straight to the bar to squeeze a couple of pints in. Then, disaster struck.
They don't sell beer on Champions League nights.
Free? Live? Football? With no beer? Tragic, truly tragic.
Anyway, Chelsea won 2-1, we drank beer after the game, etc etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Closet Chelsea boy, I could hear you singing!

Stand up for the CHAMPIONS.