Tuesday 20 March 2007

Complete Fucking Idiot!

Today the station next to us closed so we had to implement station control. This meant that we were allowing people to exit the station, not enter. As you can imagine the exits were pretty congested.
After a while the Supervisor said we can start to let a few people enter the station. The moment this came over the radio a few people heard and walked straight past me and into the mass crowd trying to leave the station.
A lady who was trying to exit decided to aim her frustration at me.
"Why are you letting these people in? It's fucking packed down there!"
I replied in a civil tone (yes, I can be civil!) "I'm sorry madam, I'm just following instructions."
Rather than leave it at that the woman said one of the most stupid and offensive things she could have ever thought of.
"That's just what Hitler did!"
There were dozens of other customers around who just stood there, jaws on the floor.
I replied with "First of all, Hitler gave the orders, not take them. Secondly, your attempt to look big in front of dozens of people has made you look like a complete facist idiot."
The woman must have realised what she'd just done because she went bright red, hung her head and walked away very, very briskly.
A few of the witnessing customers sent derisive comments her way and said well done to me for speaking out.

No comments: